What's new lately?
Yes, it's been a while since my last post, as Randall
reminded me. So what's been going on?
- My dad had a heart attack Tuesday. He's home now, and doing okay, but he will be having open heart surgery in a couple weeks.
- He lives about 2 hours north of me, and Cary and I went to visit him on Wednesday and Thursday. Erick came up with us Wednesday, but had to be back at work Thursday, so I drove my brother's car home, and we'll be driving it back up next weekend.
- It is a little Corolla, and as my brother says, the hampsters are getting tired. It kind of shakes if you go over 65. Not the best for merging from 580 to 880.
- Cary had not met her cousins (my brother has four kids), and she really enjoyed meeting them, especially Gracie, who is seven, and did ballet moves and made monkey noises for Cary.
- Cary is rolling over quite easily now, meaning I have to keep a close eye on her at all times. No counting on her laying quietly on a blanket in the living room anymore!
- She also is trying to sit up.
- She is also teething.
- This has made me suddenly feel very sad that she is growing so fast!
- Yes, she's only four months old. But look!
Here she is at her great grandma's house, WATCHING TV, which I try my best to keep her away from, and which she zones in on if it is anywhere in her field of vision. I'm beginning to get annoyed with family that thinks "it's just so cute!" But it kinda is.